Monday, September 20, 2010

Miracle of miracles

I have some serious catching up to do! I am not silly enough to think I will every fully catch up but in the attempt to try I will not necessarily be posting chronologically. :)
The next miracle (besides the fact that there is a new post on my blog) is my Bossman. I have yet to blog about him and he is going to be 7 months on Sept. 22nd!

Here is a recap of highlights of his first 7 months of life. :)
He was born on Feb 22nd via c-section at about 9:30 am. (It would have been earlier but the dr slept through his alarm.) He was 8lbs 15 oz (pretty much 9 pounds) and 22 inches long.
6 weeks

 He like Maddy had to be under the lights when he came home.  It is always stressful for me after my babies are born. I worry - a lot. In this case the dr said if his #'s went up any more he would have to return to the hospital. So I did my best to keep him under the lights and feed him every 2 hours. The next day some how his points had dropped from just over 18 to 12!!! I know it was tender mercies of the Lord that allowed that miracle to happen.
We blessed Boston in April. His full name is Boston Seth Tanner. Ryan gave a beautiful blessing - he is such a good dad.

Boston started sleeping through the night at 2 months. IT was so nice to get real sleep again! Until.... he was 4 months and was lucky enough to have croupe and a double ear infection. It completely RUINED his sleeping and he hasn't gotten back to sleeping through the night since. :(
Part of the problem is that he shares his sleeping space with Maddy and I can't let him cry it out like he needs to. Guess it's time for a bigger house.
Boston has already flown twice! The first time was in May to California.
Cardon is gone...

We took our family vaycay to Disneyland. I thought it would be doable with a young baby that could sleep most the time..... well not so much. He did NOT miss a feeding first of all. (Good thing Disney has a nice little nursery place for babies and moms.) It was a little crazy with 4 little ones and only 2 adults. More about that for a future post.

His next flight was to St. Louis MO where I went to my Uppercase Living convention. Again - a little chaotic. He did get to meet lots of women who were very supportive while I was pregnant with him.
Boston in Downward Facing Dog position :)

Lately he has been VERY busy. He is great at sitting - infact too great. I expect him to crawl any day now. He also loves to pull himself up on things and cruise around the sides. I am SO in trouble. I do love this little guy to pieces though. We are so glad he is a part of our family!

1 comment: