Today as I was reading some of the headlines across the country I came across this one:
Law curbs McDonald's Happy Meal toys
You can read the entire article here.
But if you just want the gist of the article... the city of San Fran has banned kids meals w/toys until they up the nutritional value of the food.
Um really?! This is so wrong to me on many levels. First, I will state I am NOT a McDonalds fan myself. Much to the disappointment to Ryan and the kids. (Infact, Ryan had to organize a Micky D's day at work just to get his fix.) With that in mind it should be obvious that I am not defending McDonald's for their taste or quality of food.
People that go to McDonald's KNOW it's not a health conscious decision. It's pretty much a no-brainer you will consume large amounts of empty calories. We don't need anyone or any government to make us aware of that. I think San Franciscans should feel a little offended that their government leaders see their citizens as unfit parents that can't make good decisions for their kids.
Does anyone else see this as insulting?
I won't even go into the government trying to run everyone's businesses for them. Good thing the gov't is run so efficiently - otherwise things could be a lot worse..... oh. wait.
Agreed. Why does San Francisco have to be so crazy all the time?!?
ReplyDeleteI agree! Well said.
ReplyDelete