
We had to be to the surgical center by 6:30 am. Luke wasn't allowed to eat after midnight. So we just grabbed him out of bed and stuck him in the car. He probably thought we were nuts. On the way there he kept saying "dark!" "dark!" - he knew something was up.
To prep him for surgery they had him wear this little hospital gown, those nice thick socks, and a hair net. It was both sad and funny to see.
Then the nurse came to take him for his surgery. Luckily it is such a quick procedure that Luke didn't need an IV - just the gas. The sad part was when the MALE nurse (I think a female would have been easier on him) took him from us and walked away with a very sad and scared Luke.
We had to wait about 15-20 minutes before they let us back into recovery. I could hear Luke all the way down the hall. A nurse (female this time) was trying to comfort him. He was pretty out of it and really sad. I pulled out a bottle (I am sure he was starving) and that seemed to calm him down.... until it ran out.
All went well so they let us leave. As we walked down the hall - Luke was still having a rough time. When we walked outside there were two DUCKS by the front door! Random! But it made Luke laugh - I think they were sent to help Luke. :)
Anyway, we have been home for a couple hours and Luke is doing great. You would never have known anything happened this morning. :)
I feel so blessed.




Tara, your blog is soo cute! I'm glad Luke is doing so well and that everything went off without a hitch!
ReplyDeleteSara had to go to the hospital to be put out for dentist reasons a couple of yrs ago, and when they took her away, I cried, I'm such a baby. It is probably more tramatic for the parents then it is for the kids! you sound like you did much better than I did! He is pretty cute in the gown and cap! What a brave little guy!
ReplyDeleteThose pictures are priceless! What a hard experience to go through ... I'm sure it will pay off with fewer trips to the doctor in the months to come. We CAN'T WAIT to see you guys this weekend!
ReplyDeleteI had those put in my ears when I was a baby. Then when I was about 16 or 17, I felt something in my ear and I pulled one out. It freaked me out! I went & showed it to my mom & she told me what it was, and said it was supposed to fall out when I was little. Wierd. I'm glad little Luke has the surgery over with. He looks so cute!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, to answer your question on my blog, yes, I do have a new camera. I bought an SLR last fall. And yes, I do have photoshop, and you're right, it pretty much is a must have. I'd love to use your family as my models! Name the date & time & I'll be there! I don't have any studio lighting or anything like that, so I'm thinking outside would be fun ;-) Let me know!
Poor Luke! I'm so glad everything went well. And I'm sure it was pretty hard for you to watch him go through such a scary little thing. And you're right, that is the cutest rear view of a hospital gown that I've ever seen!
ReplyDeleteI love your pictures of your kids, they are perfect, very photogenic! and Im sorry to hear about luke, hopefuly he will be better now!
ReplyDelete