Monday, February 8, 2010

See this "baby ticker" to the side?

If you look to the side of this post (atleast while this post is first). You will see a baby floating in a bubble with the countdown at the bottom.
It is so deceiving. They should show a picture of a baby totally cramped into a ball and kicking and spasming every so often. That would me much more accurate - and more interesting to watch.
I haven't really done a good job about recording my thoughts and feelings about this pregnancy and baby.
I am excited to meet this little guy. I already have hopes and dreams of what he will be like and what he can become. I also worry about him and his health. Not that there are any indicators - but I am just that way. I pray every night that he will be born strong and healthy. (Here's hoping that the fact that he likes to re-arrange my innards daily as he is still quite active - is a good sign that he is healthy and alert in there.
He is also measuring 3 weeks bigger then average. This is why I have c-sections. Big babies and surprisingly small birth canal. (I always thought I was blessed with great "birthing hips" but apparently the outward appearance is not a determining factor. Go figure.) Atleast this pregnancy - nobody has asked me if I am having twins. I guess there is still time left.....

As much as I love my little newborns - I really do NOT enjoy pregnancy. If I were to allow a picture to be posted of me here - you would see why. I don't really wear it well. I get big - everywhere. I waddle. I breathe heavy because my lungs have no room left to expand. I also feel very guilty for being neglectful of my responsibilities at home - such as food prep, cleaning, laundry etc. I am so blessed to have a husband who is willing to pick up so much slack. I love him so much. Not only does pick up the slack - but he quietly listens to my complaints and whining. Thanks sweetheart. :)

I try to remind myself of the miracle of life. It truly is. Somehow my body is sustaining TWO people right now. How does it just know how to do that? How can anyone who has ever carried a child or held a newborn question if there is a God? It really is an amazing thing.

Sometimes I wish that I could share this experience with Ryan. I know you are probably laughing right now - and for good reason. Yes, it would be interesting to see how he would handle pregnancy. However, I feel like I have already formed a bond with this little guy as I have become familiar with his movements (and bouts of hiccups every hour or so) - and so it seems more familiar with him and his personality. Every time I try to "introduce" him to somoneone but letting them feel him kick - he gets shy and hides. Infact, both ultrasounds I have had - he has been hiding with his face towards my back. How long do you think will last once he is taught by his older siblings?

Two weeks from today is his scheduled entry into the world. While I have plenty of items on my "To Do" list - I would be just fine if he decided to come earlier. ...... please?! Maybe later I will post some pictures of my swollen legs and feet. For posterity's sake. I know this is a rambling post... probably as good as it's going to get for a while. :) Thanks for letting me ramble. Can't wait to meet you baby Tanner #4!!!

4 comments:

  1. We can't wait to meet #4 too! We also can't wait to see Ryan and the kids this weekend! Hang in there. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Tara I totally hear you. Pregnancy, though amazing and miraculous, is HORRIBLE for me. You're in the home stretch though! In no time at all you'll be holding the next little Tanner and loving every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I cant wait to meet him. Your a great mother and your children are blessed to have you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got the cutest baby announcement from you!! He is beautiful. He looks just like his dad to me. Definitely a Tanner. Lucky boy.

    Congratulations! We're so happy for you. Thank you for including us in your celebrations. You made us feel really good.

    We love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete