

This year I had my fill of Halloween.
According to my mom and dad it used to be one of my favorite holidays. Um, that couldn't have been true past the age of 8. Even in college I think I dressed up once - and I was a farmer with a flannel shirt and braids.
Well, this year was filled with THREE days

of costumes and the gathering of more and more sweets. Thursday at school (because they had Friday out of school - joy of joys). Friday was the Omniture Halloween party complete with candy and real midgets dressed up as Smurfs. (I was a little nervous to take pics - is that politically correct to as a smurf midget for their picture?) Then on to the ward "Trunk or Treat". I personally think trunk or treat is a fabulous idea. You hit a bunch of people with in 50 yards and you are done. However, if not done on Halloween creates 2 dilemmas. Apparently for my kids - it didn't count as trick or treating because it WASNT on Halloween - and the second issue ofcourse - is all the kids that went around trunk or treat 2 or 3 times come to your door on Halloween too.
To remedy these 2 issues we went to Grandma's house and let the kids go around her neighborhood. Leaving our house dark and candyless - and luckily no tricks.
Here are some pics from our adventurous weekend! Bah Humbat!! ;)
Oh and incase you need descriptions:
Cardon age 7 (almost 8) as Anakin Skywalker
Maddy age 5 as Violet (NOT Elasti Girl)
Luke age 2 elephant with a big bum
"T" age 2 (cousin) Rudolph.

Cute! And I nominate you to form a Bah Humbug to Halloween club. I will be your first officer. We can't wait to see you this weekend!
ReplyDeleteCute costumes! We miss you guys! What are your Thanksgiving plans?
ReplyDelete