Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Bedtime for Bozo's

Cardon will probably hate me for making this public knowledge. Really I should probably be ashamed of myself for making this public knowledge. However, if you don't cry for poor Cardon you will for sure be laughing.

As you know - we have a new one on the way. His arrival will be here in a couple of months. We have been meaning to get Luke a real bed for many months now but it has been put off for other things here and there.

One night Luke had a nightmare and from that point on he refused to sleep in the crib. Instead, he preferred to sleep with Cardon in his twin bed. Poor Cardon - he and Maddy shared a queen bed for a couple years when Luke was born. It was just this past summer that he finally got a bed to himself again.

Then a couple of weeks ago - Luke woke up with croup. I had never heard a sound like that before. I didn't want him and Cardon sleeping in the same bed while he was sick. So I got the idea to take the front part off the crib. The part that slides up and down. Hoping that would make his bed look like a "real" bed. He would still have nothing to do with it.


I got the great idea to ask Cardon to pretend he was going to sleep in Lukes bed. Luke didn't fall for it. So I told Cardon - why don't you just fall asleep in his bed and we will move you back into your bed. (One thing I failed to mention is that they kept each other up another hour after we tucked them just dinking around.) So atleast they would get some decent sleep.

Well, one night we forgot to move him and what do you know! They weren't up at 6:15 am!! We actually had to wakt them up at 7:30. And well... we just kept asking Cardon to sleep in Luke's bed! :(
It was time to quit putting it off - we HAD to get these guys bunk beds.

So..... after searching on ksl.com for a deal - we made the purchase and promptly put them together. Cardon gets the top bunk - and we left the ladder off. Neither Maddy or Luke can climb up there and poor sweet Cardon who NEVER complained about his sleeping arrangements FINALLY has a space/sanctuary of his own!

1 comment:

  1. I love this story. And it sounds just like Cardon, he is so sweet. Yay for bunkbeds!

    ReplyDelete