Friday, February 20, 2009

Just needed to vent...


I don't normally post my political views.
Not because I don't have any but because "debate" is not my forte. But you know what...
I can't hold it in any longer! I believe that while some may not agree with me - that maybe there is someone out there that feels the same. If that is true then maybe it will help others feel they aren't alone.

I believe that this country was given to us by a loving God. He has given us the gift to chose how we will live. This includes how we spend our money, raise our family, career paths, and even how we serve others.
While there is a place for government to keep a country running smoothly - such as interstate highways, yadda yadda etc. Once they start down the road of "controlling" or "leading" the individual - that is when it's bounds have been overstepped.
How do we learn from failure or mistakes if 1.) we aren't allowed to make them OR 2.) we don't see the consequences?
Are there those who need help. Ofcourse, and I believe it is essential to do so. Although, I don't trust the government to do it.
I have a hard time paying for someone to have free healthcare who doesn't have a job - when my family is working hard and paying huge premiums for an emergency health plan that doesn't even cover sick visits. YES I have been there. Or most recently - paying my own mortgage and my tax dollars going to someone who didn't know how to be responsible with their own finances.
Where is the accountability?!
I have such a feeling of helplessness that I feel right now. Does anyone else feel the same way?

This is a clip from Rick Santelli on CNBC - it did my soul some good. :) See you in Chicago!



7 comments:

  1. ME TOO!!! AHHHHHHH!!!! I just want to punch everyone in Congress for "not getting it." The bottom line is personal responsibility. I don't have a mortgage yet because I pay insane amounts of money for healthcare on my own and can't pay for both yet. So why do people with a mortgage (and many can't afford even that) feel like they deserve free healthcare? It baffles me. Do you watch Glenn Beck? You should get on his website and send your picture in. He's having a special about all of this on March 12 called We Surround Them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not alone. There are LOTS of people who feel the same way. I posted my thoughts on someone's status in facebook and got a lot of not happy responses. Oh, well. We are all entitled to share our opinions even if they are not pro big government/Obama. I am afraid for where our country is headed too. I cannot believe the things that are happening and the way the majority of people are just accepting them or thinking that they are good. I can't get over the "white construction workers" comment from Mr Reich. I don't think that race needs to be brought up at all. People are people not be seen as victims because they are of a certain race or because they are women. I do not feel victimized because I am a woman nor do I feel victimized that my Mormon ancestors were discriminated against, murdered, raped, and or driven out because of their religion. My gparents are 1st generation US citizens and got no handouts. I think that when someone encourages people to think of themselves as victims of their circumstances they are doing them and our country a GREAT disservice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops...that last comment was from me, Faith, not my husband. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a cool email on a blog somewhere which I wish I would of bookmarked, I will try and find it.

    The point of it was the gosple and government and how the church is solid on a 10% donation and other volentary contributions.
    the church wont go in debt.
    and what could the government to to be like the church, being successful on less
    I will try and find the link, you would like it. Thanks for sharing your oppinion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tara, heres the link, http://edmanfamily.blogspot.com/2009/02/patriarchs.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you read Tam's "wise words" post on the T for T blog? You are not alone. "What the crap is going on?" I find myself asking the TV this just about every day...Thanks for speaking up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm right there with ya Tara. It's just sickening to me the things that are going on right now. I'm afraid our country is not heading in a good direction with all this spending. You are not alone in thinking the way you do.

    ReplyDelete