Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandad!


I just want to take the time to celebrate the birthday of a wonderful amazing man.
While we are sad that we aren't able to celebrate this day with him here.
We know that he is watching over his family - guiding and protecting us.

I first met Leonard when he and Anita came to Provo to visit Ryan. We had only been dating a couple of weeks and they invited me along.
From the very start he was so accepting and kind to me. Going forward, he and Anita always welcomed me to their home in Cortez. There we played lots of chicken foot and mexican train playing. He was just as competitive as I was - and at one point almost had me in tears! ;)

Another memory I have is of Leonard relaxing in his chair watching television and laughing. He was so laid back and you couldn't help but feel the same way around him.


Even after he became sick - he never complained and was always smiling.

Ryan and I found out (surprise!) we were pregnant with the first grandson to be born with the last name Tanner. Leonard started calling me "little mama" which seems like a little thing - but it meant so much to me! (Especially if you saw how BIG I was!)
After Cardon Leonard Tanner was born. Leonard carried 5 or 6 pictures with him everywhere he went.

I think Ryan makes Leonard proud. Ryan learned a lot from his father that he has carried on with his own family. He is a hard worker and provides for his family. He loves being home with his family. He loves the Lord and serves in his church callings and responsibilities faithfully. He has a way with the feisty little girls that makes them melt with his teasing and loves.

Leonard is sorely missed and eternally loved. I wish my kids could know him NOW but I am so grateful that we will be able to see and hug him again someday.

Happy Birthday Leonard!

3 comments:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes. I miss Uncle Leonard so much! Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tanner family! I ran across your blog while on Tia's blog and I thought I'd say hi! I too am like Tia and miss Uncle Leonard so much! He was such a fun, kind person. I hope your family is doing well! I noticed Tiff and Kye have a blog, I would love to check it out, do you have their email so I could ask for an invite? It's always good to hear how family is doing! Take care!

    ReplyDelete